Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Weekend Recap

(I know I'm behind on my weekends and last weekend will be up as soon as I upload some pics)


This past weekend was an exciting one! After a stressful week at school (two tests and a paper), I was ready to welcome the weekend with open arms.


Saturday was Mike's 29th birthday! We started the morning off with the usual volleyball and soccer games. Afterwards we went to the mall. Mike is in his yearly phase where he actually buys himself some new clothes so whenever we wants to go do a little shopping, I'm ready! We were home by 2:30 to watch the Hook 'em Horns game, which was terrible. I was keeping my fingers crossed that it wasn't going to put Mike in a bad mood for the rest of the day. :) After the game and after the girls had their nap, we went out to eat at McAlister's because we still had an unused Groupon (LOVE that website). Afterwards, we did a little more shopping and came home to get ready for the exciting next day.


Sunday morning we headed to Austin for our nephew, J's, baptism. We hadn't seen him since the end of summer, which isn't that long ago but of course, him being a baby, he's changed a LOT over the last few months. He's so cute. I could go on and on about his gummy smile, cute little dimples, his rolls on his legs and the sweet, sweet way he kept staring at me. *sigh*


I had the honor of being his Godmother. I am so proud and blessed to be able to say that I am Godmother to ALL THREE of my nephews. How lucky am I? I love and cherish the time spent with those boys. I love all three of them so much.


The reception was at my sister's house first and it was amazing to have practically the whole family there, especially since they all made the drive for J's special day. What a lucky little boy! After we were stuffed with delicious BBQ food and cake (with a side of potato salad-haha), we all caravaned over to the church. Of course, J was burping during the ceremony and I had to try my best to keep my serious face on which I pretty much failed at. Some great photos were taken which I stole from my sister's blog. :)


Such a great time spent with family! The day went by too quickly. Welcome to the church, Little Squirt! Love you lots!



2 comments:

Bev Ochoa said...

....and you made a beautiful Godmother!!

Queen Bee said...

And I made a beautiful Mother. :)