Monday, September 6, 2010

Weekend Recap- Labor Day edition

Friday- Kayla came down with one of her funky, lasts-less-than-a-day fevers so off to bed early the girls went. Mike and I spent some quality time together, unreeling from the week. Then each of us worked on school stuff. I wrote the rough draft for my paper due this week and submitted it to the prof for review.

Saturday- ABSOLUTELY nothing. It was great. We wanted Kayla to rest so we all helped her out by taking mid-morning naps and afternoon naps. It was great. We even stayed in our pajamas all day long. LOVE, LOVE those kinda days. Those days are few and far between.

Sunday- Mike and I had a deal worked out. I was going to go study today and he was going to study on Monday. While the other was studying, we were on child care duty. Well the library at school didn't open until 2 so that didn't quite work out for me. I stayed at home and actually got a lot accomplished. Mike was nice enough to do the grocery shopping WITH the girls so I could have at least a little quiet here in the house.

That afternoon, we went to his parents house for their annual Labor Day cookout. We also went because it was his mom's birthday the day before and his grandmother's birthday in a few days. It was especially exciting because Mike's Uncle Greg, Aunt Pamela and their two kids just moved here from New Mexico and had just had arrived the previous day. We hadn't seen them in about 6 years. Kayla and their youngest are the same age. Cute and very well behaved kids. Fun was had by all.

Monday- Mike doesn't have a lot of time to work in the yard so unforunately, there are times that it can look pretty bad. I'd go out there but my fear of ants and getting sent back into the hospital because of my severe allergic reaction to them freaks me out so I will only go outside if I have to. Well today I had to. I pulled a few weeds in the front and the back and then Mike pulled the forest of weeds in the back and mowed. Afterwards, we hit the outlet mall. Mike started his clinical class at school and he was officially sworn in as student attorney last week!!! So exciting and I'm SO proud of him! He already has his first client and it's a doozy!! He, by far, has the most challenging case out of everyone. So of course, he needed a snazzy wardrobe update for when he goes to court, meets with his clients, and even when he is in his office. I think his wardrobe consultant did a pretty awesome job and she did even more fantastically with the budget. :) Now the girls are sleeping, Mike is out studying and I'm getting ready for the week ahead: laundry, reading school stuff and painting the toe nails.

Overall, a GREAT weekend with the family. We needed a good weekend spending quality time together, relaxing from the crazy busy week. Next weekend: the sports start up!

No comments: