So I haven't really posted about my experience with school yet. I wanted to wait until I was a couple weeks in before I really made any judgements. Well, I absolutely love it. At the transfer session back in the beginning of summer, the currents students and staff really preached about how nice the professors are and how willing they are to help. It's really true. All my professors are really nice/approachable and two of them already know my name. They really do make themselves available to the students. For instance, I have a paper due this week in my World Literature class and she told us that there is no limit to how many rough drafts we can submit for her to look over. It's been several years since I've written a paper, so I took advantage and I emailed my rough draft on Friday evening. Since it's the holiday weekend, I wasn't expecting a reply from her until tomorrow but sure enough, I checked my email today and there was a response from her telling me how great it is that I am taking a proactive approach and attached to that email was my paper with a lot of great hints and tips.
Something else I really like, besides the campus being beautiful, is that the class sizes are small. I feel as though I'm not lost in the auditorium with hundreds of students in one class. This is probably why the professors already know who we are. Since they do know who we are, they know if we are actually putting in an honest effort.
I have had a few classmates ask if I'm a sophomore. I kinda chuckle before I answer because I guess I am but then I follow up with my age. I get the surprised reaction from them because they say I don't look it, which in a way is good. Little do they know that I drive a minivan with two car seats in the back and that I go to bed by 9 pm every night.
I didn't get lost the first day of school! Woo hoo! I studied that campus map really well and it helps that all my classes are in the same 3 buildings that are right next to each other. The only long walk I have is from my car to the buildings/ library. It's not that bad though (except when it's 1,000 degrees outside) and I love to hear the church bells ringing in the morning. I go to the library on campus after I drop the girls off at school and I have my own table right outside the audiovisual librarian's office. He's even started smiling at me in the mornings. Well, it's not really my table but since I get there so early, I've dubbed it mine. Except one morning I was on the phone (thanks, Queen Bee) and got there late, and this one girl STOLE my table. What was she thinking, doesn't she know that's MINE!? I didn't study well that morning because I just couldn't get comfortable at that little desk. I felt like I was cheating on my table. That, and it was in the middle of the room and I felt like everyone was staring at me. Now I know not to be late.
I'm off to a great start by staying on top of things and I think it's going to be a really good semester! Go Cardinals!!
I'm off to a great start by staying on top of things and I think it's going to be a really good semester! Go Cardinals!!
3 comments:
Have we told you lately how proud we are of you??
Reach for the stars...you deserve it pretty girl!
So you're not just AR about the toilet paper, but "your" table too?! Sheesh!
Thank you and yes, it's MY table and YOUR fault I had to sit somewhere else.
Post a Comment