Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Weekend Recap

Friday- Mike took both the girls to soccer practice so I could go to the Parade of Homes with Mimi. We saw many beautiful houses, took lots of pictures and came home with lots of great ideas. A quick stop at Sonic for a little late night snack ended the evening o' fun.

Saturday- Mike left to do some school and work stuff so the girls and I hung out and played Sorry! for a majority of the morning and afternoon. While we were playing, I was able to do all the laundry and catch up on a little house cleaning. After our afternoon naps, we were off to the Kayla's best friend's birthday party. P turned 8 and she invited Kayla and me to go with her and my buddy, K to get our nails and toesies painted.




Afterwards, the four of us ate at Alamo Cafe, a fantastic restaurant that we hardly ever go to. Yummy!


Then we met up with the little sisters at the movies and saw Nanny McPhee- little c, big P. You have to see the movie to understand that line. :) The whole evening was great fun and hey, my nails and toes look awesome. K and I both said this might become a habit since we couldn't stop staring at our nails. :)

Sunday- Woke up early to pick up the girls from K's house (they spent the night), dropped them off at the first Sunday School class while Mike and I went to church. Then we had to split up- Mike took Theresa to her soccer game, while I took Kayla to her volleyball game. Both games were at the same time, different places. Bummer. Mike had specific instructions to take pictures of Theresa in her uniform and he came through- what a good Daddy!!

So cute and innocent....
...and then there is this side of her....



This picture made it onto Mike's facebook page. The caption read, "Soccer season starts today! At least we haven't forgotten our game face!" My mom and I saw this while sitting at Kayla's volleyball game and we must have laughed for about 15 minutes over that picture.

And here we have a close up of her really getting into it. The girl spends lots of time in front of the mirror perfecting her faces. Seriously. I caught her.




I didn't get many pictures of Kayla at her first game mainly because we had to pick up her uniform before the game from one of the coaches so after we quickly changed into it, she had to rush off to warm up. There will be other games. I do have to say that she was very lucky to have some special guests at her game, cheering her on.

We all met up again at home and shortly after that I went to campus to go study for two tests that I had on Monday. Mike was nice enough to help out with the girls. I got so much done that I told him I would love to be able to go there every Sunday night to get work done and study for the upcoming week.

Great weekend...exhausting, but great!

1 comment:

Bev Ochoa said...

Still laughing about that Game Face!! Hahahaha!