Last year at the expo before my first Rock and Roll Half Marathon, there was a sign up booth for next year's event. I thought to myself, "Oh wow, what a great deal, I'd be crazy to pass this up." So I signed myself and Mike up for the FULL MARATHON. Not the half, not the 13.1 miles. Double the 13.1 miles, the 26.2 miles of torture. I guess at the time of sign up, I was a little cocky thinking, "HA! I trained for 13.1 in 8 weeks and couldn't run the last two weeks because of knee pain. I laugh in the face of 13.1 miles. I can TOTALLY do 26.2!!! "
Well... it PAINS me to admit this but I've fallen off the running/exercise wagon. All my hard, HARD work down the drain.
When the girls were in school, it was a no brainer; drop them off, go straight to the gym, leave by 10 am soaked with sweat and muscles sore and tired. It was a great schedule and I was always high on endorphins for the rest of the day.
So what happened? Summer. The lazy mornings of sleeping in (trying to) and then the occasional let's-just-stay-in-our-pajamas-all-day kinda days. Now, with my summer officially winding down along with the girls' summer, I'm kinda worried I won't be able to fit in going to the gym when school starts. I'm going to have to find a good balance and find one quickly.
T minus 15 weeks until the big day. I might not do the full marathon, but definitely the half. And I'd love to be at the starting line looking like this:
Well... it PAINS me to admit this but I've fallen off the running/exercise wagon. All my hard, HARD work down the drain.
When the girls were in school, it was a no brainer; drop them off, go straight to the gym, leave by 10 am soaked with sweat and muscles sore and tired. It was a great schedule and I was always high on endorphins for the rest of the day.
So what happened? Summer. The lazy mornings of sleeping in (trying to) and then the occasional let's-just-stay-in-our-pajamas-all-day kinda days. Now, with my summer officially winding down along with the girls' summer, I'm kinda worried I won't be able to fit in going to the gym when school starts. I'm going to have to find a good balance and find one quickly.
T minus 15 weeks until the big day. I might not do the full marathon, but definitely the half. And I'd love to be at the starting line looking like this:
Confident in my training and determined to do better than last year (and looking cute in my matchy- matchy runners outfit with makeup on)
But let's face it folks, if I had to run it tomorrow, I'd look like this....
But let's face it folks, if I had to run it tomorrow, I'd look like this....

...after mile ONE. Maaaybe sooner.
Let the training begin....soon. But not today....maybe tomorrow....when we actually get out of our pajamas.
1 comment:
You are so funny!
Post a Comment