Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Rubber Bandz Trading Day

We spent a nice evening eating dinner at a new restaurant, Yacht Club. Eh, it was alright. The best part about the restaurant is that there is a huge playscape for the kids to play on. Despite that fact that it was 1,000 degrees outside, it was fun.

Afterwards, I took the girls to the Learning Express by our house. I had received an email from them saying that the store was staying open an hour later for a Rubber Bandz trade. Every child that showed up for the trade would also get a free pack of Rubber Bandz. For those of you that don't know what Rubber Bandz are, they are all the craze right now for kids. Rubber Bandz are basically plastic, colored shapes- cars, food, princess, garden, etc (like rubber bands) and they stretch out for you to wear as bracelets.



So, we went to the store not really knowing what to expect. I hadn't even told the girls because I wasn't sure we would even make it, it was just something to do in case we were bored. Thank goodness Theresa had brought some Rubber Bandz and her cat was wearing them as necklaces. Well, the girls LOVED it! It was packed with so many kids. They had little tables set up that were taped with squares so each child had their own area to place all their Rubber Bandz while looking at what kind other kids had. Kayla was a little bashful to go up to other kids and ask if they wanted to trade so I had to help her. Theresa, on the other hand, was making deals left and right. She stocked up!! That girl is going to be able to talk her way into anything and out of everything later on in life. *shudder*






I bought the girls personalized boxes to keep all the Rubber Bandz in. We ended up staying the whole hour and it was so fun! Kayla asked on the way out if we can go back tomorrow to trade some more. Whoever thought of the simple idea of Rubber Bandz is a genius....and rich.

1 comment:

Bev Ochoa said...

SO true! Now why didn't we think of this first??