Monday, August 23, 2010

First Day of School

I woke up bright and early today so I could get myself and all my things ready and then focus on the girls. I wanted them to have my full attention. I woke Kayla up first and after an, "it's toooo eaaaarrrrlllllllyyyy," she finally was excited for the day. Theresa kept shaking her head no and started whining also about it being too early but as soon as I mentioned her new outfit that she was oh-so-excited about wearing, she was up and getting dressed.

I made the girls and myself breakfast and we all sat down together and ate while talking about the new school day and what the girls thought they would be doing today.





It was even too early for Princess.

After breakfast, they finished getting ready and we took the usual outside pictures.


Doesn't Theresa looked thrilled?



When we arrived at school, it was a media circus. There were two news stations camped out in front. We walked up, took the usual "in front of the school" picture, and I hear, "Excuse me." I turn around and I see the news lady that I watch every night on TV looking at me and wanting an interview. Ugh...ok fine. We walk over and she asks the usual questions, are you environmentally friendly at home? um no but I will lie and tell you yes for the sake of my kids not getting kicked out on the first day. Why are you taking pictures? For the memories, duh. She then asked Kayla what it means to go to a "green" school. (Crickets) The poor child was already nervous enough about the first day and now here she is with a big camera in her face.

I dropped Theresa off first. I was expecting some tears but she was brave! She seemed really excited and it helped that her little friend was already there. Bye Theresa!!! (not sure why we suddenly have a smirk instead of a smile in all these pictures)



Next was Kayla. Bye Bye!!


After school, Mike and I picked them up together. Theresa came out first. She was a MESS! Her black skirt and legs were white from the rocks at the playground, headband practically on her forehead, and her socks..OH MY!!.. were around her ankles. Kayla looked like she did when I dropped her off, not a surprise.





They both had a great first day! I asked if they saw eachother during the day and they both started laughing and said "yes, at the cafeteria." I don't think they have the same lunch time but for some reason both their classes were in there at the same time. All summer they were excited about going to the same school and knowing that their sister is there somewhere in the school with them probably gives a sense of comfort.

I hope they are always this enthusiastic about school!!

No comments: