Monday, July 26, 2010

Weekend Recap

Friday- We started off the weekend with a bang! Pixie Skate! We are starting to be regulars at this event. The girls always have so much fun and skating non-stop for an hour and a half really wears them out. They are always so tired and usually don't complain much when it's time to hit the hay.

Saturday- Busy, busy day! Dad had class and after breakfast I had the girls rest in their beds because I knew we were going to have a long but very fun day. After Dad was out of class, we met Coco and Paw Paw at Red Robin where we enjoyed a delicious lunch. We finished lunch early so we went to Barnes and Noble where the girls stocked up on new stuffed animals and new books, courtesy of Coco and Paw Paw. Then we rushed over to the movies and saw an afternoon showing of Despicable Me. I think Coco and I laughed more than the girls. Such a cute movie- highly recommend it. After the movie, Kayla invited Coco and Paw Paw to come to church with us. During church, Theresa saw Papasito take Z to the restroom and it was downhill from there (both Z and A are here spending quality time with Mimi and Papasito for the weekend; my sister will be here on in a few days). Both girls were very eager for church to end so we could all say hi. Coco and Paw Paw left when it was over and from there, Mimi, Papasito, A, Z, and the four of us went and had dinner at America's Incredible Pizza Company. Each adult was in charge of one kid during the game time. It was funny to watch Z and Kayla play everything together. Kayla beat him in the race cars, air hockey- twice, and ended up having more tickets than him. Papasito thought it was funny to keep reminding him that Kayla won (Z and Papasito can get under each other's skin easily). The whole time it was super chaotic and super loud, especially during dessert when we were playing with the "Bun Buster" (aka- whoopie cushion) that Kayla picked out with her tickets. SO FUN!! Around 9, we all left the whirlwind pizza place super exhausted with our ears ringing.

Sunday- Lazy morning. Mike spent most of the morning fixing our main computer (which is why I haven't posted picture. Virus...yuck). We took naps, went to HEB and eagerly awaited the arrival of our guests of honor for the night (by eagerly, I mean, the girls plopped their chairs in front of the window which overlooks the driveway and waited for Mimi's car). Yup, Z and A were spending the night with us!! Mimi and Papasito showed me their pj's, pillows and then Mimi said, "Well..." She hadn't even finished her sentence when little A was already hugging her leg and telling her bye! They boys seemed just as excited as the girls!! :) The kids were great!!! Very minimal fighting and they played very well together. Around 9pm, we tucked them in, turned out the lights and crossed our fingers that they would actually fall asleep. Who am I kidding?! Z and Kayla kept coming out saying the little ones (Frick and Frack) were going into their room. Finally about 10:30, it was quiet. Monday morning, I woke up to A telling me that his tummy was grumbling. Time to feed the troops! We had a feast of milk, eggs, yogurt, biscuits, apples and peaches. FINALLY I heard, "I'm full." Boys... geez can they eat!!!! By 8am, the four musketeers were outside playing. Papasito showed up about 30 minutes later. When he walked in the door, he was greeted with a lot of groaning and grumbling. What a warm welcome!! The boys took off and I took off with the girls so they could start their week at VBS. So I'm sitting here, by myself, and I'm not gonna lie, I'm LOVIN' the silence right now in my house. :)

No comments: