Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Oh, Theresa.....

While I was waiting for dinner to finish cooking in the oven, Mike and I are sitting on the couch while the girls play around us. Theresa comes up to me and says, "Mama, look what I found, isn't it pretty??" In her hand is a shiny, plastic pink bead. The kind used to put on a string to make bracelets and necklaces. "Yes Theresa, very pretty."

About 10 minutes later, she comes from around the corner and back to where we are sitting and she is crying saying she has something in her nose and it's hurts. I look in her tiny nostril and see something there and immediately think, oh, it's a booger. "Ok, Theresa lets go blow your nose and get the booger out." We go into the bathroom and after blowing and blowing, nothing comes out and with each blow, she is getting more discouraged (aka: freaking out and crying harder). "Theresa, you need to calm down. We can't get the booger out if you are crying." The whole time she is telling me, I don't know what it is. I keep reassuring her it's just a big booger. Finally after about the twentieth blow of her nose, it's budged a little and I see that it's an odd shaped booger...one that has a hole in the middle, like for strings. No! It can't be the pink bead! My 5 year old would NOT put a bead up her nose!!

"Mike, would you come here please??" I meet him outside the bathroom and tell him that it's the bead and it's stuck. He chuckles and walks into the bathroom and tells her to hold her other nostril closed and blow really hard and fast. Meanwhile, the oven beeped so I went to take dinner out. I get to the bathroom just in time to hear, "There it is!! Whoa!! You shot me!!" Theresa is still crying because she knows she's busted now for definitely knowing what was in her nose. Mike is cracking up because she shot it out across the bathroom and hit him in the chest of his shirt. I look at his shirt and he has some other remnants of her nose on there too.

Oh, Theresa....Don't you know only babies stick things in their nose? Not little girls who are going to be going to KINDERGARTEN in a month! Gray hairs, I tell you, gray hairs!!

For those of you who are laughing (Mimi and Tia Nana), it's NOT funny!

1 comment:

Queen Bee said...

That's the best thing I've heard all day!! I would expect that from my boys...NOT your glitzy girls!!!