We had a busy day!! Kayla was given the choice between a big party with her classmates or a special day. She chose special day so Mike and I planned special activities for after school.
During school, all grades were participating in field day. Thank goodness that 1st grade was in the morning before it was too hot outside. Even better was it fell right on Kayla's birthday. What a fun day at school!

Little stinker kept turning around every time I tried to take her picture with the hula hoop. Embarrassed by her mom or just attitude??
This was her favorite. About 15 kids were wearing these at once and it was like sumo wrestling where you would crash into each other and try to knock the other person down. Of course, every time Kayla was knocked down (lightweight) the teacher would have to help her get back up. She is charging at someone (probably boyfriend-see below for explanation) in this picture:
Kayla and Boyfriend. At the beginning of the year when we met the teacher, we walked into the room and we saw Boyfriend. I was glad to see him because no other kids from Kayla's class last year were in her new class and she's known boyfriend since they were 4. They've played 3 seasons of soccer and 1 season of basketball together. Add those seasons up with practices and games and end of season parties, and we've seen this kid a lot. I do have to say he is the sweetest, most well behaved little boy and always uses his manners. Well apparently, the teacher must have gotten the hint that they've known each other for a long time, because she's had to separate their seats numerous times throughout the year. Chatterboxes.
I'm just kidding about the boyfriend part. They are just good friends. I think.

After Field Day was over, I left to pick up Theresa from school. We came back to Kayla's school because we had special visitors waiting to eat lunch with Birthday Girl Kayla.
Then Theresa and I came back about 30 minutes before school ended because only the COOLEST mom brings these for your whole class:

Yup, Krispy Kreme doughnuts!! Yummy!

Her class had a substitute that day, a very cute little old man, and he was nice enough to still make Kayla's day special with a birthday crown and writing this on the board:

After school we made a quick stop at Sonic (the doughnut wasn't enough sugar, we needed a slushie too) before we were off to the Roller Skating Rink!!! Every Friday from 4-5:30, the rink has a Pixie Skate which is only for 2-9 year olds. I think it's perfect because it wasn't very crowded and they were some of the biggest kids there so they weren't trampled.
I'm not sure if Kayla had a good time. What do you think? :)


Even Dad skated. He did a pretty good job too, only falling once. Haha.

Waiting in line for The Limbo: good friend P, Kayla and Theresa.


Watching and laughing on the side, K and me.

Since the girls worked up an appetite from skating, we took them to Taco Cabana to eat dinner. K and I were lovin' Happy Hour and the $1.50 margaritas and half price nachos. :)
Mike picked up a small cake for Kayla and we all sang to her.


When we got home, Kayla opened a small present from Mimi and Papasito.

Since we aren't spending money on a huge party for her, we gave her a new purse with $50 in it. She loved it!

The girls' friends came over for a slumber party which was a great end to a great day!
I can't wait for her family birthday party/ BBQ we are having for her in a few weeks!
Kayla, we love you more than you'll ever know. Your Daddy and I are amazed at all the wonderful things you are doing each and every day. We love to read your stories, watch you skate and play sports. You make friends so easily with your outgoing personality. We are so blessed to have an amazing daughter like you who cares so much about everyone around her. You are a such a great big sister to Theresa. I hope the next 7 years of your life are as great as your first 7 years. And as Daddy always tells you, we'll give you $100 bucks if you stop growing. :) WE LOVE YOU!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment