My running buddy, K, and I became fast friends last summer when her husband was deployed and both our girls were in the same classes at preschool and in kindergarten (what are the chances of that happening at two separate schools?!) We trained together for our first 1/2 marathon, the Rock and Roll, in November 2009.

After successfully completing that half marathon, we were still on a "I can't believe we did that!" high when we talked about doing another one together. So what better one to do than the Disney Princess?? It was quickly approaching and so we registered and agreed we were going to go on a budget.
We booked our flight and since it was not exactly booked too far in advance, Delta was the only airline with the flight times we wanted. That was fine except they charge for bags that you check in. Forget that! We were going on a budget so that meant for four days, I was going to have to take everything in my carry on. For those of you who know me, this was not going to be an easy task and I wasn't looking forward to that.Next, we booked our hotel and since shuttles were taking the runners from the hotel to the course so early in the morning, you could only stay at certain ones. We found one of the cheaper hotels and booked Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. Which was great except we were scheduled to arrive at midnight Friday night. Great. Well, tightwad us thought, I'm not paying for a whole day/night that we are only going to use for a couple of hours. We decided to figure something else out for Friday night (big mistake).
With everything set and our training on schedule, we were ready to go. Now all we had to do was wait for March 5th to get here.
No comments:
Post a Comment