Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Princess Day 4- March 8

Back in early January, we both signed up for a charity for the promotion Disney is doing this year- Give a Day, Get a Day. Basically, if you give a day of service to a charity approved by Disney, you get a free park ticket. Sounded easy enough and we were going on a budget. :) So charity servicewe chose was to make fleece blankets for underprivileged kids. When we turned in our vouchers to get the free park ticket, we received a button to wear that said, "I volunteered." All day long when the workers saw the button, they would say "thank you" and some even asked what volunteer work we did.

It was great spending the day in the park. Yes, we missed our families but we didn't quite miss them when we saw worn out parents screaming at their children who were throwing tantrums. Yikes. Isn't this the happiest place on earth?

We tried to do as much as we could. Space Mountain, Haunted Mansion, Teacups, Thunder Railroad, Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin....





We even stood in line to meet the Princesses.



About mid afternoon, we happened to be in front of the castle during Mickey's Dance Party Parade. The floats stopped and characters jumped off and urged people to shake it in the streets. Very fun!







After the parade we bought a caramel apple and camped out for the prime spot for the Spectromagic Parade and firework show.



Yup, right in FRONT of the castle. We only had to wait two hours but it was easy with no kids.






What a great ending to a fantastic trip full of memories. The next day we would head back to our families who were eagerly awaiting us. I know I'll be back next year for the run again, hopefully *fingers crossed* with my mom and sister in tow. Right, girls?? I KNOW you're reading this!!!!

So I wasn't that sad to leave, mainly because I knew in just a few short weeks I would be back with my whole family and I couldn't wait to see the looks on the girls' faces!!

No comments: