Friday, May 21, 2010

Princess Day 3- March 7

Our alarms went off nice and early and we both sprung out of bed with more energy than I thought we would. I didn't sleep well because I was too excited. After putting on our cute matching race shirts I had made specifically for this race and our tiaras that K bought for us, we headed to the cafe for breakfast. We brought our own oatmeal and banana thinking that it wasn't going to be open so early and I'm glad we did because there wasn't a soul in sight.


The shuttles were picking us up between 3 and 4 am and the race didn't start until 6am so we had a lot of waiting to do. We got to the starting area a little before 4am and it was freezing cold. It was in the 30s and I was wearing shorts. We huddled along with everyone else in the souvenier tent. It was like sardines in there but I do have to say, it was a little warmer. Finally we had to move out of there start our long walk to the corral. This is where we got our first look at everyone. I have to say about 99% of the people were either in full our Disney princess costumes or wearing tiaras. So girly and I was loving every minute of it.


At the start of every corral, this is what we saw:


It was finally our turn and it was so exciting. The course started at Epcot and went to Magic Kingdom and back to Epcot. I knew the best part was going to be the halfway point which was running through Cinderella's Castle. Little did I know that all throughout the race course, we would be seeing all kinds of characters and elaborate displays.






I don't know who these people are in any of the above pictures. K and I didn't want to stop and take pictures with anyone or have anyone take our picture. We were on a mission to finish with a decent time.






This was by far my favorite part. The trumpters near the top of the castle were awesome and there were princesses all around the castle and on even the castle stairs. As soon as I ran out of the castle there were spectators, and one even yelled, "Go Kim!!!", because of my shirt.

I caught up with K and we were feeling great. But then about mile 8, her foot was giving her problems and we had to start walking some. She was determined to go on but I could tell from her face that she was in pain. Looking at our watch, we knew we weren't going to finish at the time we wanted but my time from the Rock and Roll was coming up and I really, really wanted to beat that time. So, I asked K if I could go on ahead (I know, I know...bad friend) and she said yes, so I left her. :( I still feel badly about that. I only had four more miles to go and it was a race against the clock. I zoomed in and out of people and even K has told me that I took off so fast that she quickly lost me in the sea of princesses. I was determined!! I ended up finishing two minutes faster than my Rock 'n Roll time which I was pleased about. I waited at the finish line for K so we could celebrate together. I found her and she had tears in her eyes because she finished a whole 12 minutes faster than her Rock 'n Roll time!!



So fun! I can't wait to go back again.... Now that the race was over, we had some celebrating to do that night at Downtown Disney. :) But first, we needed a NAP!

No comments: