Friday, June 4, 2010

First Day of Summer Vacation

Today was great. I picked the girls up from a sleepover at K's house and we had a lazy afternoon. We had special plans to go back to the Pixie Skate with Mimi and Papasito. Even Dad was pumped to go because of the great time we had the week before. I had thought about it all day and decided that I would try and skate (I never learned as a kid). I figured if Theresa could do it, then I should be able to figure it out, right?









We rented our skates and even Mimi and Papasito got out there. It took a couple of loops but Papasito looked like he finally got the hang of it.






Mimi would only go out there if she was holding Papasito's hand.



So how did I do? Well...a little wobbly at first but I was getting a little more confidence with each loop I made. Kayla and Theresa kept telling me to go faster but I wasn't quite ready yet. I even had enough confidence to go out there and try the Hokey Pokey.



During the Hokey Pokey, I heard a lot of commotion so I looked over and Papasito is stumbling around and next thing I know, he's flat on his bottom. HA! I was in disbelief at first but then I thought it was hilarious and I looked over at Mimi who's watching us on the side and I see her start to crack up. When it was over, I couldn't help but make fun of him.


I probably shouldn't have made so much fun of him because on the LAST SONG of the Pixie Skate, Theresa insisted on holding my hand. I was hesitant but how could I tell her no? We were skating along and next thing I know, PLOP! We both landed on our bottoms. Since I was holding her hand and trying not to fall on her, I didn't use anything to brace myself and landed pretty hard. I look over for moral support from everyone on the sideline, and well, they were all laughing. Thanks guys.

A great time, even though my dad did make fun of me for looking like I was an old lady skating out there. He even asked if I had bunions on my feet because I was going so slowly. =P It's only the beginning of summer so I have lots of time to get better. :)

No comments: