Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Disney Trip- Day 2, Monday May 10

The kids woke up bright and early, all in their new jammies from the store. Poor things were so tired, they didn't remember us putting them on because Kayla asked if I put her jammies on her and I said no (I had heard part of their conversation when I was starting to wake up and didn't have the heart to tell her). She turned to all the other kids and said "See, it's magic!!!" They were all convinced Mickey Mouse came into our room during the night and put the jammies on.



After breakfast we walked 5 minutes to Magic Kingdom and had a blast. There was so much to see and do. We didn't have the day planned so we just wandered around in search for characters and rode whatever looked fun.






I rode with Z on the race cars, who by the way, needs a lot of work on his driving skills in the next 10 years. :) We got the stink eye a few times from Papasito, whom we kept crashing into. That's what happens when you ride in front of us.




We waited and waited for the parade in the street. It was worth it even though it was soo hot. This was the kids' first look at some of the main characters at Disney World- Mickey and some princesses.




We rode the Teacups- a childhood favorite of mine...


...and Mike and I spun it as fast as we could.


Then the younger ones in the group (NOT Mimi and Papasito = poopers) wrapped up the night with the Spectromagic Parade and fireworks show. I'm glad we stayed because this was the only night they did the parade. What a fantastic first day!

Waiting in our good spots on Main Street's sidewalk




No comments: