I have discovered my new favorite store. Anthopologie. Hear the angels singing? I do.
It all started back in the summer when my sister and I were on a date and after our dinner, we went shopping. We went in lots of stores that we don't usually go into and Anthropologie was one of them. I had been in one time before and never again because it's really pricey. Well my sister and I discovered (after getting drunk off the wonderful smells in that store) that waaaaay in the back corner there is a sale section and their prices are actually reasonable. When my mom and I went in there a few weeks ago, I found a silk skirt for $29.95, marked down from $128!!! Most of the sale shirts are $29.95, which if you think about it, that's the average price for a shirt from GAP (this is indeed a fact because GAP is my other favorite store).
So lately I'm a little obsessed with looking for good deals on good clothes. I actually have a reason to buy clothes now that I am back in school. I have somewhere to go (other than HEB and Target)! A reason to put myself together in the morning! A reason to look cute!
I've done my major research on Anthropologie and have discovered that every Tuesday is when the new markdowns in the sale section come out and if you sign up for emails/mailing list, they will send you a 15% off coupon for your birthday. Needless to say, when I'm done with all my homework, I stalk their website and look at all their pretty, pretty clothes. Ruffles and lace and beads, OH MY! I know their clothes like the back of my hand.
So today at school I walked into my math class a little early. I was the first one in there and my super nice and young professor (she looks only a few years older than me- we have kids the same age) asks me how I'm doing and we start chatting a little bit. The whole time I'm eyeing her cute shirt. Pink with ruffles, lace with scalloped detail around the neckline. Hmm.. could it be? Yes! I think it is from Anthro.
I ask, is your shirt from Anthropolgie? She chuckles and says yes it is! I immediately say, I love that store. She tells me she does too and that she went shopping with her mom and went in there to look for a wedding gift and her mom saw the cute shirt and bought it for her. Then we talked about the sale section and the markdowns on Tuesdays. It was awesome.
When class started, every time she'd look over at me during the lecture, she'd smile and I know it's because we are both a little Anthro obsessed. Glad to know I'm not the only one who gets giddy when I walk into that store and smell the aromas from the wonderfully scented candles as I head to the back of the store. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment